Frequently Asked Questions

Always have your account number ready when doing enquiries.

Where should I give my readings if I have a dog in my premises or my premises are always closed?

  • You can call in for self-readings at 067 221056 or email readings to
  • For those with holiday houses or flats take your readings before departure and upon arrival and send to the numbers above or email.
  • You can also give the readings in person at the Cashier.

Why is my water bill high?

  • High water bills are caused when used or leaks in a pipe on the consumer side.

Why there is Zero water consumption and what do I do?

  • When you see Zero consumption on your bill notify the Municipality at 067 221056.
  • When you see Zero consumption it means the meter is damaged or faulty and could not read.
  • We humbly edge the consumers to check their water bills on a regular basis,

How will I spot a leak or pipe burst and what do I do in order to see whether I have a leak?

  1. If you think you might have a leak, take the following steps:
  2. Turn off all taps and appliances that use water.
  3. Wait for 30 minutes then take the meter reading.
  4. Do not open any taps or appliances for 1 – 2 hours, then take another meter reading
  5. Compare both readings, if you have not used any water and the reading have changed it means you probably have a leak.
    NB: Get a registered plumber to fix your leak and if it exceeds 60cubic, take the plumber’s invoice to the Accountant Revenue: Mrs Josephina Shikukutu or email to 

Check regularly for leaks and signs

  • Check the usage dates printed on your bill on the left side under meter reading dates.
  • Check leaking toilets.
  • A faucet dripping slowly, a faucet one drop every 2 seconds could waste a lot of water.
  • Geyser pipes leaks in the wall.
  • Damp patches in your property or outside.
  • Irrigation valves (Sprinkler valves) check valves regularly and replace when broken.
  • Lush grass where there is little irrigation could also be a sign.
    NOTE: Call in a registered plumber to investigate, if you are not sure of the side you call the Municipality at 067 221056 or mail to
  • NOTE: If consumers spot a leak in the road, street or footpath, kindly call 067 221004 as early as possible.

How can I make a payment to Tsumeb Municipal Council?

1. Internet Banking, Cell phone Banking, Banking Apps
Use online banking facilities to make direct electronic fund transfers to the account numbers mentioned below.
Quote the account number reflected on the municipal account statement as a reference when making payments. Wrong referencing leads to payments not being allocated correctly.If you have multiple accounts rather put your name in the reference field and separately list your account numbers, the erf numbers and amounts for each account.
Email your proof of payment to:

2.Cash Deposits at advanced ATM

Once deposited, email a copy of the deposit slip clearly showing your name, account and erf number. If you have multiple accounts, list the account numbers, erf numbers and the exact amounts you wish to credit to each account.

3.Debit orders
A debit order allows for an automatic bank deduction of the amount owed on the agreed date

4. Direct Bank Deposit
Complete a deposit slip with the following details at any Bank branch:

Tsumeb Municipality

First National Bank of Namibia (FNB)
Account Number: 55478343277
Branch Code: 280873
Swift Code: FIRNNANX